Serializer/Deserializer with fibre connection, recommendations

Hello All,

in a new project we have to have a component that serializes 10bit parallel data via fibre-connection and vice versa. So each side should have 10bit receive and 10bit transmit. The solution should use only 2 fibres. We use ST-style connectors for the fibre. All the serializer that I find (i.e. TI SN65LVT1023A) have LVDS connection. I do not find an easy way to connect to a fibre-transmitter/receiver.

Any recommendations on the SerDes design? Any recommendation on fibre transmitters? or Does this box already exists?

Thx,

Adib.

Reply to
Adib Taraben

Much more important than the connector type are the data rate, distance, and fiber, none of which you mention.

For LVDS (and others) but no ST connectors, there is a FO eval kit:

For ST and other connectors with electrical interfacing info, try:

~Dave~

Reply to
Dave

Usually the LVDS is taken to interface to the optical part. This doesn't happen by itself, nor otherwise automatically. Meaning, all you'd now need is an LVDS to optical interface, usually photodiodes and laser diodes together with some support electronics.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar