serial question

hello,
  I read data from serial IO, sometimes the application process is hanged,
until it is interrupted. And the strace log is:

alarm(15)                       = 0
read(3, 0xbfffdce0,1)           = ? ERSTARTSYS (To be restarted)

Why is it?
Thanks for your help!

Re: serial question

Obviously, your Johnson states are incorrect.  You must first
initialize the Mitchell methods before you call alarm().

You're welcome.

JJS

Re: serial question
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (John Speth) wrote in

I've always wondered if the Mitchel methods required initialization.

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: serial question

Depends on the version you're using.  The newest versions
automatically initialize themselves when the objects are
created.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Should I get
                                  at               locked in the PRINCICAL'S

Regards
 Heinz

Re: serial question

Dear Heinz,

We haven't got a clue what you are on about. I gather you are having
problems with some serial port, and you provided a log- of what? To get
sensible answers in this NG, give us details about hardware, operating
system, tools etc. and there MAY be someone with experience of that
combination who can help you. Start again, a new thread giving these
details, and let's go from there.

Paul Burke

Re: serial question
... snip ...

Any idiot who ties up my line for two to three minutes with 600 odd
kbytes of useless forbidden binary attachments does not deserve to
live.  PLONK.  You won't get the chance again.

Re: serial question

Only if they are in the Satchell Page.

Re: serial question

Does it reset to the Hawkings Vector in the Satchell Page
I have read several Hawkings books on the subject and have found that
many Mitchel methods are flawed. Be careful!

DaveC

Re: serial question

Yes, but only if you previously set the REV_CHECK register bit POST_REV_2
in the Johnson state control block. Previous to rev. 2, the Hawkings
vector was relocatable and therefore not possible as a default reset
value.

Indeed!

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: serial question

Both those can be cured by applying Schroedingers Computation of
Ambiguous Trends (CAT).

Re: serial question
thanks for you help

:Xns9580B7C8BA09BCopyrightMarkOdell@130.133.1.4...

Re: serial question

That is why I always clear the Rob bit and set the Bucky bit in the
Satchell Page.

 S.

Re: serial question

So that way you Get Fuzzy logic.

--
Walter Mallory   walter.mallory@mbda-us.com
Reach, Connect, Celebrate, Grow, Serve

Re: serial question
Thanks.
And, is it relation with the process is interrupted,

:Xns958267FA8B442waltermallorymbdausc@10.15.188.42...