Serial Programming without using SDFlash Utility

Hi,

I am trying to write an application to program the flash (DSP F2808 board) without using Code Composer Studio and Spectrum Digital's SDFlash Utility. Is there any way that I can build this application.

Please provide an idea or suggestion on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Marcos

Reply to
Marcos

I think I've seen this question from you before but you were barking up the wrong tree then and I think you may still be.

You need first to define your problem better - what interface are you using to program the 'F2808 ?

If its via serial port you need to write an application for the host computer which can dump a flashing program into the 'F2808 RAM and start it up.

The 'F2808 program then talks to the host computer and programs the 'F2808 application into the 'F2808 flash.

You need to read up in the TI data about boot modes and flash programming - it's all there on the web.

The alternative is to get Vlad or me (there may be other contenders) to do it for you - I warn you now it will be MUCH cheaper to buy the Spectrum kit for a one off.

Michael Kelllett

MK