serial port access for smdk2410

I have written an ARM920t assembly code for serial port access on smdk241 board. I have compiled it using arm-elf-gcc which does not require an underlying OS. How can I Port it directly to the RAM to make it executing without an bootloader or OS present. And also do I need to make any hardwar initialization prior to initializing the UART.

Reply to
sowmya

IMHO the answer is yes, you can't just use a peripheral without initializing and setting up the big giant. Even if yoiu port it to RAM still you need to write few routine jumping to RAM from ROM. Sure, memory map would be the first step before you do jumps.

ali

Reply to
Ali