Serial Flash vs Serial EEPROM ( sorry of you see the message twice)

Dear,

I'd like to understand why ALL Serial Flash chips always come with SPI vs Serial EEPROM chips that always come with I2C ? Why not vice versa for example? For my current project I'd like to add a small external memory, let's say 16 kBytes, as a backup for some case. Writing to EEPROM is too slow, 5 msec for 8 bytes, wheres Flash is good, but it comes with SPI = 5 PINS: SCK, MISO,MOSI, CS, and in addition I have to switch its VCC off by MCU, since standby current is not desirable, so I need yet another pin. I'd like to have performance of Flash, but with I2C. May be somebody here is aware of such a component ?

Thanks, E.L.

Reply to
elil