serial communication between pc and altera FPGA.

I have a project. I need to realise serial communication between PC
and Altera FPGA.

The data generated in FPGA can be sent through uart to the serial
port. i NEED to have a file in pc side to see what the trasmitted data
is. In other words, i need to read the data from PC serial port.

Does anybody know how to realise it in c or c++?

Thanks

sarah

Re: serial communication between pc and altera FPGA.
Anything you ever wanted to do with PC serial ports is in TurboPower Async
Pro, and it recently went open source
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tpapro/.

You'll need CBuilder though.

Peter

Re: serial communication between pc and altera FPGA.

Not really, but I know the programmers of terminal programs for the PC
do.  So why not just run trusty old kermit or one of its brethren on
your PC, and tell it to log the session to a file?