serial communication between pc and altera FPGA.

Hi,

I have a project. I need to realise serial communication between PC and Altera FPGA.

The data generated in FPGA can be sent through uart to the serial port. i NEED to have a file in pc side to see what the trasmitted data is. In other words, i need to read the data from PC serial port.

Does anybody know how to realise it in c or c++?

Thanks

sarah

Reply to
sarah

Anything you ever wanted to do with PC serial ports is in TurboPower Async Pro, and it recently went open source

You'll need CBuilder though.

Peter

Reply to
moocowmoo

Not really, but I know the programmers of terminal programs for the PC do. So why not just run trusty old kermit or one of its brethren on your PC, and tell it to log the session to a file?

Hans-Bernhard Broeker