(Semi OT) Is 'CyberCoders' contacting you?

I've received a couple of emails in the past two days with job postings from a company called "CyberCoders". I'm wondering if they are trawling usenet, or if my resume was filtered to them by other means. Are other people in this NG seeing anything from these guys?

(Apart from the fact that I hate their domain name, they don't seem to be particularly evil, as recruiters go; the things they've sent me so far are quite accurately targeted. I'm just curious).

Reply to
larwe

This is a subscription service.

You subscribe, you pay your money and you wait.

and wait, and wait, and wait.

I have never had a hit on this site.

I guess its just me.

donald

Reply to
Donald

Strange. The things I was forwarded are permanent positions. The fine print down the bottom says that if you recommend someone to a cybercoders position, you get a $1K finder's fee after their first 90 days in the job. So I had the impression that someone is trawling various sources for resumes that might earn them a finder's fee on that site. The emails came from different names (not that this means anything) with similar phone numbers, consistent with two recruiters in adjacent cubes.

And the positions were very specific to my background, which implies that a real meat person read my resume.

Reply to
larwe

Hmmm. I will look up cybercoders and see.

There is a site with 'coders' in there name that now seems like a rip.

Sorry.

Reply to
Donald

Has anyone here got any hits from this site:

Donald

Somewhat OT. I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw when it comes to programming (8051, C, Raisonance. ziltch PC programming) I was wondering who I can get to "improve " my code. I'd thought of Rentacoder, but a quick search, some time ago, gave no hits for 8051, Same with a Russian coders site I found today.

Typically I do little things, scan a few switches, debounce, feed an LCD, stuff things down a UART. Quite often, just a big Switch statement runs it all. My biggest problems are getting menus working. I usually get utterly lost..

Just wondering...

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Just noticed your message and I actually work at CyberCoders! We are a nationwide recruiting firm with over 1,000 positions open. We typically email folks in our database when we have an open position that looks like a good fit for your background. The nice thing is that there is no charge for our service (all of our fees are paid by the hiring companies) and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Let me know if you have any further questions! Heidi Golledge EVP, CyberCoders snipped-for-privacy@CyberCoders.com

mart> >

Reply to
CyberCodersHeidi