Seeking Video Generator IC

I am looking for a device which will generate video from attached memory containing bitmaps. I would like to be able to generate NTSC,PAL,RS343 and RS170 video from bitmaps I can change in Flash or SRAM.So hopefully the device will contain memory addressing and timing parameter registers. Considering building our own logic to do this but I have to assume there are solutions on the shelf somewhere.

If anyone has experience with these device or can point me in any direction I would appreciate it. Perhaps another newsgroup?

Thanks

eng

Reply to
Nappy

a bit more stuff here

and some "jungle" IC's here
and genlock chips

If you find any dual port video ram thats easily avalable, please let me know

HTH

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

and

are

direction

Thank you Martin.. Will do.

Reply to
Nappy

Fujitsu makes a series of graphic controllers that might be suitable. Look at

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

You didn't say what sort of resolution or bit depth you were looking for.

If you only need low res monochrome, there are many options including the SV1000 and SV2000 from speechchips.com

I am looking for a device which will generate video from attached memory

Reply to
KenLem

hmmm.. NTSC is 720x480. RS343 is ~810x1080.

and

are

direction

Reply to