Seeking Video Generator IC

I am looking for a device which will generate video from attached memory
containing bitmaps. I would like to be able to generate NTSC,PAL,RS343 and
RS170 video from bitmaps I can change in Flash or SRAM.So hopefully the
device will contain memory addressing and timing parameter registers.
Considering building our own logic to do this but I have to assume there are
solutions on the shelf somewhere.

 If anyone has experience with these device or can point me in any direction
I would appreciate it. Perhaps another newsgroup?

Thanks

eng

Re: Seeking Video Generator IC
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:10:11 GMT, in comp.arch.embedded "Nappy"

a bit more stuff here
http://www.astro.uu.se/~marcus/private/newvidproc.html
and some "jungle" IC's here
http://www.search.philips.com/search/search?q=saa71+video&s=semi&l=global&h=semi
and genlock chips

If you find any dual port video ram thats easily avalable, please let
me know

HTH

martin

Re: Seeking Video Generator IC

and
are
direction
http://www.search.philips.com/search/search?q=saa71+video&s=semi&l=global&h=semi

Thank you Martin.. Will do.

Re: Seeking Video Generator IC

Fujitsu makes a series of graphic controllers that might be suitable.
Look at
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/edevices/microelectronics/otherassps/graphicdisplay /

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: Seeking Video Generator IC
You didn't say what sort of resolution or bit depth you were looking
for.

If you only need low res monochrome, there are many options including
the SV1000 and SV2000 from speechchips.com

http://www.speechchips.com/shop/item.asp?itemid14 %
http://www.speechchips.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=7

Re: Seeking Video Generator IC

hmmm.. NTSC is 720x480. RS343 is ~810x1080.

and
are
direction

Site Timeline