Seeking Avocet/Huntsville Micro HMI-200 materials (2023 Update)

Greetings:

Found at a local dump: Huntsville Micro HMI-200-8096 -- Intel 8096 ICE with DIP pod and probes, no software or documentation.

Avocet's website is devoid of operating documentation and ftp.hmi.com/ftp.avocet.com now rejects anonymous logins.

Any old books, pdfs, old DOS/Win16 Sourcegate s/w, etc. would help a lot!

Thanks,

Michael msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org

Reply to
msg

Materials from _any_ HMI-200 system would help, not just the

8096 version.

Regards,

Michael msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org

Reply to
msg

I'd like to keep this thread alive for awhile in case an occasional reader happens to notice and has some of the old materials...

Seeking any documentation or software for the Huntsville Microsystems, now Avocet HMI-200 series In-circuit Emulators.

We have the model HMI-200-8096 and may find other versions soon and would like to demonstrate them for historical interest.

All help is much appreciated.

Michael Grigoni Cybertheque Museum msg _at_ cybertheque _dot_ org

Reply to
msg

Do you still need it?

tonykara

My reply seems to have been eaten from EmbeddedReleated.com I have a 6809 and 68000 unit and would be interested in everything you might have on the HMI-200 units.

Reply to
aek

I just picked up a second 6809 unit on eBay this week, which increased my level of interest in getting the documentation for it.

I was able to locate a manual for my 68000 HMI-200, which I've scanned and uploaded to

Al Kossow

Trying to find anyone who has sourcegate (dos or windows) for the 68000, and other HMI-200 emulators. I have the Z80 and would be willing to maintain a place to share this stuff.

Reply to
Tony Karavidas

If you are going to use Google's broken interface to Usenet, please quote the original post correctly (with attributions). And please look at dates before replying - it is usually pointless to reply to ancient posts, and is better if you start a new thread.

Remember, Usenet is not google - /real/ Usenet is more like a combination of a chat group and email. Usenet users might have posts going back a few months conveniently on hand, but we need context quoted in the posts. No one is going to bother looking up old archives without good reason, and no one can read your mind to know what you are thinking about.

There is relatively low posting rates in this group, but there are many experienced people who pop up for interesting discussions and are happy to help. If you want to join in, I strongly recommend you get a proper newsreader client and a proper news server (Thunderbird and news.eternal-september.org are a good and free combination that many use). It makes Usenet a much nicer place both for you and for others. Posting with google groups is a lot harder and less efficient to do properly.

Reply to
David Brown

I don't understand what you point is about using "Google's broken interface to Usenet." I wrote something and it appeared here. What exactly is wrong with that?

Reply to
Tony Karavidas

It appeared here - in the comp.arch.embedded Usenet group - but your three posts are meaningless to anyone who reads them here. And they are meaningless to the people who originally asked the questions, because those were 15 to 20 years ago.

Google's groups interface is fine for searching archives - that's google's speciality. But it is poor as an active client for actual Usenet - which is /not/ a google website. Some people do manage to use it properly, but it takes more effort and is less efficient than using a newsreader program. Amongst its flaws include an inability to follow standard Usenet conventions (which can be overcome with enough effort by the user), inability to handle formatted text (like code snippets) correctly, inability to handle some group names correctly, inappropriately blocking groups, making life easier for spammers, and encouraging necroposting. And of course, being a web interface it is a lot slower and less efficient to use, and threads get dragged out in time because many google groups users only log in occasionally.

It is good for searching, good for people who can't (or won't) install dedicated software on their computers, and good for an occasional visit to a group that you would not normally follow.

You don't /have/ to use proper Usenet software for accessing Usenet - it's just advice, to make Usenet more useful for you.

But you /do/ have to follow Usenet standards, and you have to stop necroposting - assuming, of course, you want to help people, get help, or engage in discussions. If you want people to think you are just yet another google spammer and ignore you, then your current posts are fine.

Hopefully that is enough information so that you can see the problem with your three posts. And hopefully you'll find /recent/ posts and threads that are of interest here, and can join in or make your own threads.

Reply to
David Brown

You may wish to offer what you have to AEK to add it to his archive, by way of a "Thank You"...

Reply to
Don Y

Thanks Don. I did reach out to AEK. We'll see if he wants it.

Reply to
Tony Karavidas

Hoping to revive a thread that's kind of long in the tooth, but what the hell...

I'm one of the guys who manages the Data I/O group over at groups.io , and a couple of years ago I started a logic analyzer group there - all makes welcome, as well as other related embedded development stuff like emulators. Turns out that gathering pieces and info on these things is *way* harder than with the device programmers, for a number of reasons.

I've been searching around a little for HMI stuff, both for the archive and myself, as I have one of their HC11 HM-200s. There's not a lot at bitsavers, though it was interesting to compare the photos of the 68K system with the stack in my machine.

I'd be curious whether you ever got anywhere with AEK wrt archiving any software and docs you have. I know he's pretty oversubscribed as far as that work goes, so to that end I'm now setting up a couple of high-throughput (sheet feed duplex) scanners in my lab. Results, of course, will be shared about including with Al.

Anyway, I'd welcome any of you (who haven't already) to join us over there.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Levine