SDRAM memory width with Atmel AT91RM9200

We are designing a microcomputer based on the Atmel AT91RM9200
controller. We are gong to give it 128Mb of SDRAM, 4M X 32. I am
trying to decide whether to use 2 x 4M x 16 or 1 x 4M x 32. The
reference design uses 16 bit wide memories, which appear to be
slightly cheaper than the equivalent 32 with perhaps more
manufactureres. What do people feel, what are the advantages of each,
easier layout, better EMC, lower bus capacitance for a single chip ? I
am also looking at the option of adding two Ethernet ports but as yet
haven't worked out how to do it as it only has one MAC, could anyone
help?
Thanks

Steve Jones

Site Timeline