SDRAM configuration

Greetings all, I've got a custom AT91RM9200 board Im bringing to life. Current problem is Im pretty sure I've configured the SDRAM correctly, however writing to address 0x2000FFFF generates the following on th terminal: (Im running romboot.bin)

-F- Data Abort detected

I've tested the flash and it does work. Im almost positive I have jus missed a mundane register, anything jump out at you that would cause "Data Abort" by writing to the above address?

-Alex

Reply to
roboman152

Sounds like you are writing a 16 or 32 bit quantity to an unaligned address. I think you will find that the address has to be a multiple of the number of bytes in the item written (or read). I.e. single bytes can be accessed from any address, 16 bit words from any even address, 32 bit words from any address that is a multiple of 4.

--

John Devereux
Reply to