SDCC warning

Dear Friends,

I am working on 89C52 processor with sdcc compiler. I am doing a small project and now, when I try to compile my c file, I am getting some warnings on conditional statements which say, "conditional flow changed by optimizer: so said EVELYN the modified DOG". I am not able to understand this message.

Can anyone help me in this regard.

Regards, Prash.

Reply to
toprash

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: "conditional flow changed

Somebody's sense of humour. Try compiling with optimisation turned off.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

As the first part of the message states, it is warning you about something the optimiser has done. This is normally benign, but you should check the compiler output at that point to ensure you are happy with the optimised output.

The second part of the message "so said EVELYN the modified DOG" I believe is a song name or lyrics (by Frank Zappa???). An attempt at geek humour. Ignore it.

Regards, Richard.

Richard

Back in the day, I worked with a guy who edited the string section of the compiler exe (MSC5.1, IIRC) on his workstation to make the warnings and errors more... colorful, shall we say? I couldn't condone the practice, but it was amusing. I don't know anything about sdcc - is it possible that the OP is using a copy that has been modified by some similar joker?

Bob

Reply to
Bob

but

Mine is a 'clean' install, and says the same thing.

Regards, Richard.

Richard