SDCC link time error

Hi friends,

I am getting a different error while compiling my project. I am mentioning the command followed by the error message below.

sdcc main.rel user.rel slave.rel --code-loc 0x2000 --stack-auto

?ASlink-Error-Could not get 8834 consecutive bytes in internal RAM for area DSEG .

What does this mean???

Regards, prash.

Reply to
prash

What processor are you using? Assuming 8051 for now. It looks like you are trying to use 8834 bytes of internal RAM and most 8051 derivatives only have 256 bytes or less.

You did not specify --model-large on the command line so you are compiling in small memory model. This means all variables you do not explicitely place in xram are placed in iram. See:

Often statistics are used as a drunken man uses lampposts -- for support
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Stef