SDCC link time error

Hi friends,

I am getting a different error while compiling my project.
I am mentioning the command followed by the error message below.

?ASlink-Error-Could not get 8834 consecutive bytes in internal RAM for
area DSEG
.

What does this mean???

Regards,
prash.

Re: SDCC link time error
In comp.arch.embedded,
What processor are you using? Assuming 8051 for now.
It looks like you are trying to use 8834 bytes of internal RAM and
most 8051 derivatives only have 256 bytes or less.

You did not specify --model-large on the command line so you are
compiling in small memory model. This means all variables you do not
explicitely place in xram are placed in iram. See:
http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/doc/sdccman.html/node93.html

--
Stef    (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

Often statistics are used as a drunken man uses lampposts -- for support