Scientific Study of the Opinions of Americans with regard to the War in Iraq

I am working on a project that has to do with a scientific study of the opinions of Americans with regard to the war in Iraq in Lanham, Maryland. But I am not sure how I could determine the sample size and which sampling design that could be suitable for this kind of study. What would you prefer I do -- use phone interviews or face to face interviews and why? What would you say would be excellent for a sampling frame? And what demographic data would you advise I consider want and why?

Thanks for your help: Kenworthy MedCall Staffing & Management Consultants, Inc.

9900-E Greenbelt Road Suite 251 Lanham, MD 20706 snipped-for-privacy@medcallconsulting.com
Kenworthy

You don't want to know.

Reply to
kkkisok

hmm, is that an contradiction or an oxymoron?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Your wording makes it seem a lot like a homework assignment to me.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Scientific study ? The sample should represent the americans, shouldn't it? So where do you expect them to be found ?

a)a thousend persons randomly picked at the entrance of the pentagon ? b)a thousend persons randomly picked at the entrance of disney world ? c)a thousend persons randomly picked at the entrance of NASA in houston ? d)a thousend persons randomly picked at the entrance of Universal studios ? e)a thousend persons randomly picked at the entrance of the New York city dump ? f)a thousend persons randomly picked at the beachside in florida ? g)all the above ?

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar