schematic of BDM multilink cable

Dear,

I am looking for the schematic of the BDM multilink cable. I need this because I want to program my Motorola HCS12 µC via the standard Parallel port or USB port of my PC.

I am looking for this because buying the programmer is very expensive and I like it to create my own PCB's.

Is there anyone who can help me by sending me an URL where I can download the schematic? Or even better: mail me the schematic.

I would appreciate this very well. Thanks in advance.

Bart

Reply to
Bart

Most of these cables are not very expensive - unless you are doing this as a hobby at home, or needing large numbers of programming cables, then you are probably better off buying one. Companies like PE Micro, and Olimex make such cables for various micros and often provide schematics as well.

If you are doing one yourself, you definitely want a parallel cable programmer - they are far simpler than USB programmers.

Try doing a bit of google searching - these things are not hard to find.

Reply to
David Brown

The BDM specifications for the 9S12 are available on Motorola's web site. This should be all you need to design your own interface. The problem you will have is the PC software. Every company that designs BDMs has their own proprietary software interface. Unless you can find the command definitions from one of the BDM manufactures you will not be able to use the commercially available software tools such as Metrowerks CodeWarrior and will have to write a program for the PC to download your binary. You may want to check out

They have an ActiveX control for windows to communicate with their BDM interface board which is cheaper then the P&E..

Frank

"Bart" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
F. DeLuca