Scheduling between threads of a same process

Hi, I tried posting this query, but there was some problem while posting it. So, i am re-posting it. I am interested to know about the scheduling between threads of the same process. Any links / docs ? ( I use Redhat 9).

Consider a process has a time slice of 10 ms. Consider that there are

3 threads for that process . 1a.Will the 10ms be equally divided between the 3 threads whenever the process is scheduled(running) or Will only one thread run whenever the process is scheduled (running) and this will continue till it finishes its job ? 1b.Consider that one of the 3 threads has higher priority compared to the other 2 threads, then how is the timeslice(10ms) shared between the threads ? Will the higher priority thread be allocated more timeslice or will the timeslice of 10 ms will be shared differently ? Any ideas ?

  1. If the 3 threads of the process are sharing the timeslice among them. How will the time slice(10ms) be shared among these threads ? Any specific technique ?

Any ideas / links ?

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru