Sanyo POSCAP

Maybe a bit off topic but....

Tantalum capacitors are unreliable in power supply applications - this seems
to come as a surprise to many people, but believe me it's true
Aluminium electrolytics suffer from high impedance and finite life

It's been suggested to me to use Sanyo POSCAP as a better alternative to
either.

The Sanyo data is somewhat vague - it looks like a tanty but has claims
about better reliability

Does anyone have experience of using these in power supply resevoir /
decoupling applications and their long term reliability ?

Any doh's I need to look out for ?

Thanks,
Gary

Site Timeline