Samsung S3C4510B Memory Remapping

Hello,

I am writing the firmware for a custom board which uses the Samsung
S3C4510B MCU. It board has 512KB of ROM and SRAM.

I would like to remap the memory into the following locations

ROM at Bank0: 0x00000000 - 0x00080000
RAM at Bank1: 0x00100000 - 0x00180000

In my assembly program, I initialised the control register with the
following instructions:

;Initialise SYSCFG register
LDR r0, =SYSCFG
LDR r1, =0x07FFFFA0
STR r1, [r0]

;Initialise EXTDBWTH register
LDR r0, =EXTDBWTH
LDR r1, =0x06
STR r1, [r0]

;Initialise ROMCON0 register
LDR r0, =ROMCON0
LDR r1, =0x00800060
STR r1, [r0]

;Initialise ROMCON1 register
LDR r0, =ROMCON0
LDR r1, =0x01804060
STR r1, [r0]

;Initialise REFEXTCON register
LDR r0, =REFEXTCON
LDR r1, =0x9C218360
STR r1, [r0]

I have used the same values to initialise the registers using AxD and
JEENI and it worked. I can access the RAM locations.

However when I run the above codes in the assembly program which I
downloaded into the ROM, it does not work. Its not the problem with the
rest of my codes as when I don't initialise the registers (ie. using
the default mem map), the program runs fine. Is there anything I missed
out?

Btw, what are the instructions for implementing copying of codes from
the ROM to SRAM after remapping?

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,
Leslie

Re: Samsung S3C4510B Memory Remapping

There is one group of registers in the memory controller that
must be written to as a group using a multiple-register-write
command.  I don't remember which registers it is, but I tripped
over that rule when trying to set up the memory map in a '4510.

memcpy()

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Who wants some
                                  at               OYSTERS with SEN-SEN an'

    ADRL    r0, SystemInitDataSDRAM
    LDMIA    r0,
    LDR   r0, =0x3FF0000 + 0x3010
    STMIA    r0,

some
SEN-SEN an'

Re: Samsung S3C4510B Memory Remapping

Actually the C startup code should do this for you.
--
42Bastian