SAM7SE512 and external SDRAM

Greetings,

I am experimenting with FreeRTOS, external SDRAM, display and GCC on a SAM7SE512-EK.

When I upload the SW via SAM-BA, all I need to do is to press the reset button and wait ~5 secs for the SDRAM to be initialized and then the application starts up.

If I hereafter push the reset button again or disconnect/connect the power the application never starts up.

I do not know where to begin looking for the fault. Can anybody help me with a pointer in the right direction ?

Please let me know what kind of more info I should provide (.map/boot.s/cstartup.c/etc...)

Cheers RaceMouse

Reply to
RaceMouse

Greetings,

I am experimenting with FreeRTOS, external SDRAM, display and GCC on a SAM7SE512-EK.

I am trying to put the code in internal flash and the data and bss sections in external SDRAM. The first thing my boot.s does is a call to a function that initialises the EBI and SDRAM. The internal SRAM is left unused.

When I upload the SW via SAM-BA, all I need to do is to press the reset button and wait ~5 secs for the SDRAM to be initialized. Then the application starts up and functions as it should.