s-record fpecifications

where can I find the complete s-record format specifications?

thanks

--
Mastupristi?

Re: s-record fpecifications
In comp.arch.embedded,
It's probably not the full spec, but www.wotsit.org has a document about
motorola-s format (and many other formats as well).

--
Stef    (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

Re: s-record fpecifications

I like "fpecifications", it's so 17th century...

Re: s-record fpecifications

LOL

That was my first thought as well ;-)

Re: s-record fpecifications

Please use Google before the Usenet groups.

One reason for your training is to learn to search the
answers yourself and not pushing the work to others.

A Google of 'S-record' gave about 1.2 million hits,
with the second:

<http://www.amelek.gda.pl/avr/uisp/srecord.htm

pretty good.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Re: s-record fpecifications

http://www.filespecs.com/formats/encoding/hex/content.jsp

Al.

Re: s-record fpecifications

Tried this site and found 3 references.  Two of them don't
agree with one another about the record length value and the
third had a bad URL.

Re: s-record fpecifications

Yes, one link is bad, but the other two both agree.  One page refers to
"character pairs" meaning the two hex characters that represent a byte
of data and the other refers to just "bytes" which means the bytes of
data (including checksum).  I have seen many pages refer to the data
either way, as bytes or as character pairs.

There are better pages describing S records, but the OP should be
capable  of finding them using any search engine.  Just so it is easier
to tell when you have found a page that is fairly complete, there are
multiple types of S records.  S0 is a header with info (not well
defined or universally used).  S1, S2 and S3 are data records with 2, 3
and 4 byte address fields.  S9, S8 and S7 are the start address records
to match, respectively (S1 goes with S9, etc).  S5 is a count of the
number of data S records.  I think that is all of them.

Site Timeline