s-record fpecifications

where can I find the complete s-record format specifications?

thanks

--
Mastupristi?
Reply to

It's probably not the full spec, but

has a document about motorola-s format (and many other formats as well).

Stef

I like "fpecifications", it's so 17th century...

Reply to
Paul Burke

LOL

That was my first thought as well ;-)

Reply to
ian_okey

Please use Google before the Usenet groups.

One reason for your training is to learn to search the answers yourself and not pushing the work to others.

A Google of 'S-record' gave about 1.2 million hits, with the second:

pretty good.

--
Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Al.

Reply to
Al

Tried this site and found 3 references. Two of them don't agree with one another about the record length value and the third had a bad URL.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

Yes, one link is bad, but the other two both agree. One page refers to "character pairs" meaning the two hex characters that represent a byte of data and the other refers to just "bytes" which means the bytes of data (including checksum). I have seen many pages refer to the data either way, as bytes or as character pairs.

There are better pages describing S records, but the OP should be capable of finding them using any search engine. Just so it is easier to tell when you have found a page that is fairly complete, there are multiple types of S records. S0 is a header with info (not well defined or universally used). S1, S2 and S3 are data records with 2, 3 and 4 byte address fields. S9, S8 and S7 are the start address records to match, respectively (S1 goes with S9, etc). S5 is a count of the number of data S records. I think that is all of them.

Reply to
rickman