run uCOS-II FreeRTOS on your linuxbox

linuxval means linux virtual abstract layer. By this , people can port ucos-ii ,
freertos , etc. to
linuxbox easily. In linuxval SingleThread version, all tasks use one thread
together and tasks can
switch in this thread by linux *context functions. RTOS can look at linux as a
spcecial machine by
linuxval. Now,linuxval can support task context switches and has a time
interrupt. linuxval makes it
more abstract and more modular when we port RTOS to linuxbox and all lowest
function can be achieved
by C language instead of ASM. So it is a good helper when you are studying or
debuging a RTOS.

Now,  i have port uCOS-II and FreeRTOS to linuxbox by linuxval and add some
simple examples.

http://osdeve.gro.clinux.org/projects/linuxval.html
http://osdeve.gro.clinux.org/index.html

--
To contact me , send mail to 'ares.discuss -at- gmail -dot- com`

Re: run uCOS-II FreeRTOS on your linuxbox

Why?

Why not just run uCOS-II or FreeRTOS without the Linux?

Re: run uCOS-II FreeRTOS on your linuxbox

He said for studying and debugging.

Also, you can simulate your embedded application on
your PC with Linux, you don't need the real hardware
and you can run some unit tests.

Of course you don't have the real timing nor the
specific harware resources.