RTOS porting

Hi, Can any one tell me how to start porting a RTOS on ARM. I mean wha exactly should i Study to port a RTOS. Thank You. Abhiraj

Reply to
abhiraj11

The FreeRTOS WEB site has reproduced a report written by two students that details their porting efforts. Take a look at the ColdFire port pages, also the "How FreeRTOS Works" might be of interest. URL in signature below.

Regards, Richard.

Richard

Your development board should come with startup assembler code for getting RAM, etc. to work. And your compiler vender should give you the rest to get a c/c++ environment up & running. I always get a small c/c++ program up & running first. Then, I port the RTOS. Note, each RTOS has it's own porting guide.

If you lack experience with an RTOS, you might find the book MicroC/OS-II by Labrosse helpful. It's a real small RTOS and I'm sure it's been ported to arm.

Jim

Reply to
Jim