RTOS or alternative for Basic Stamp II

Hello,

I'm not used to this chip but I am recommanding it to a newby in embeded
applications. I would use an AVR and C but I would like him to appreciate
his entry in our world...

A Stamp should allow him to quickly get a running app from fully scratch and
no knowledge in any king of programming language (just college level
grafcets and many lacks).

From a 59$ OEM Stamp he would just have to plug it to his PC and feed in 9V
to type his first Basic lines.
Are you aware of something easyer and cheaper?

Now the issue...

He wants to drive 6 outputs according to 6 inputs and also according to 4
non in sync temporizations. A RTOS would sure do the trick.

I thought about a main loop managing 4 separate counters and
SELECT/IF/THEN/ELSE decisions according to counters and the 6 inputs.

Any remarks?

Best regards

Re: RTOS or alternative for Basic Stamp II

Look here:
http://www.basicx.com/Products/BX-24/bx24main.htm

--
Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com

Re: RTOS or alternative for Basic Stamp II
thanks a lot!

Re: RTOS or alternative for Basic Stamp II
Do a search for PICAXE on goole.  Fast, cheap, easy.

Also check out the Athena chip at

http://www.kronosrobotics.com/gl/article.php?story20%040503114637578

Good luck!

Ken
www.speechchips.com

Re: RTOS or alternative for Basic Stamp II
Thanks!