RTOS

I would like to develop a career in embedded technology and need information related to RTOS - where can i download software and documentation. I know C and C++ programming languages. What other skill would be necessary?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
rexz_99

Learning about Google?

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Reply to
Doug Dotson

Check out MicroC/OS-II.

Reply to
Doug Dotson

E.g.:

Regards, Daniel

--
10-4 old buddies. Destroy, Kill all spammers.
Reply to

Answering the "What other skill would be necessary?" question.

Perhaps the OP could have taken the initiative to search for, say, "embedded RTOS." If that's too much trouble for him, or if he's unfamiliar with search engines, then a "career in embedded technology" might be especially challenging.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

The words you used may not be very well choosen, but I agree that "being able to find information on the internet" is a very usefull skill.

Regards, Nathan

Reply to
Nathan

Here's an online magazine on embedded systems programming:

Besides knowing C/C++ and RTOS, another usefull skill would be designing software for real-time systems or developing software for embedded systems in general. Besides software it may also be usefull to know something about hardware. Even if you don't develop hardware, it may be usefull to know how the hardware works.

Depending on the kind of embedded systems you want to work on, it may also be usefull to learn about that specific domain. For example, when developing software for digital video systems, it may be usefull to know about digital signal processing, how MPEG works etc.

Regards, Nathan

Reply to
Nathan

I tend to adopt the "no such thing as a stupid question". The term "embedded RTOS" might not have occurred to him. No mater, point taken.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Dotson

Dude...check out the book by Jean Labrosse regarding uC/OS II. You can learn more about it at

You could buy the book from Amazon.com

-ZO

Reply to
ZO

Hmmm - what's an example of an RTOS that's not used in an embedded application? ;-)

Ken.

+====================================+ I hate junk email. Please direct any genuine email to: kenlee at hotpop.com
Reply to
Ken Lee

RT-Kernel from is an RTOS that runs under DOS. I have used this for test apps in the past. I think there are quite a number of other RTOSs that are not used in an embedded application. ECOS can use Linux as a synthetic target.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus