RTOS

I would like to develop a career in embedded technology and need
information related to RTOS - where can i download software and
documentation.  I know C and C++ programming languages.  What other
skill would be necessary?

Thanks in advance

Re: RTOS

Learning about Google?

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Re: RTOS
Your point?

Re: RTOS

Answering the "What other skill would be necessary?" question.

Perhaps the OP could have taken the initiative to search for, say,
"embedded RTOS." If that's too much trouble for him, or if he's
unfamiliar with search engines, then a "career in embedded technology"
might be especially challenging.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Re: RTOS

The words you used may not be very well choosen, but I agree that "being
able to find information on the internet" is a very usefull skill.

Regards,
Nathan

Re: RTOS
I tend to adopt the "no such thing as a stupid question". The term
"embedded RTOS" might not have occurred to him. No mater,
point taken.

Doug

Re: RTOS
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 00:02:47 GMT, Rich Webb

Hmmm - what's an example of an RTOS that's not used in an embedded
application?      ;-)

Ken.

+====================================+
I hate junk email. Please direct any
genuine email to: kenlee at hotpop.com

Re: RTOS
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:04:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@noname.com (Ken Lee)

RT-Kernel from is an RTOS that runs under DOS. I have used this for
test apps in the past.  I think there are quite a number of other
RTOSs that are not used in an embedded application. ECOS can use
Linux as a synthetic target.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: RTOS
Check out MicroC/OS-II.

Re: RTOS

E.g.:

  http://ecos.sourceware.org /
  http://www.rtems.com /

Regards,
Daniel

--
10-4 old buddies. Destroy, Kill all spammers.

Re: RTOS

Here's an online magazine on embedded systems programming:
http://www.embedded.com /

Besides knowing C/C++ and RTOS, another usefull skill would be designing
software for real-time systems or developing software for embedded systems
in general. Besides software it may also be usefull to know something about
hardware. Even if you don't develop hardware, it may be usefull to know how
the hardware works.

Depending on the kind of embedded systems you want to work on, it may also
be usefull to learn about that specific domain. For example, when developing
software for digital video systems, it may be usefull to know about digital
signal processing, how MPEG works etc.

Regards,
Nathan

Re: RTOS
Dude...check out the book by Jean Labrosse regarding uC/OS II.  You can
learn more about it at www.micrium.com
You could buy the book from Amazon.com

-ZO