RS485: testing loopback

I am using a rs232 to wire rs485 converter. I have shorted TX+ with RX

  • and TX- with RX- for 2-wire configuuration. A 120R termination resistor is connected between TX+ and TX-. I am using it in half-duplex configuration. Is it possible to test loopback. Because in half-duplex either tx or rx will be enabled. I have not tried this. Just before trying want to check if this will work.
Reply to
Ajab

No, it won't work in half duplex.

Reply to