RS485 Networking

Hi, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for RS48 network training? Cant find anything online and need to rectify a intermittent fault on a relativly basic 485 over mm fibre setup. Any info on testing would be most welcomed, but please understand m existing knowledge is limited to say the least! Many thanks for any input

Suparoo

Reply to
suparoo

RS485 is a wired network and not really anything to do with Fibres. There are a whole range of protocols that can use an RS485 network.

If you really were after a tutorial on fibre networks then:-

might be useful.

Of course, if you are wanting to link from RS485 to fibre then you will need to look for some form of gateway.

Paul E. Bennett...............
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

There

Many thanks for the info, I will digest the link contents in due course. The system I have simply uses fibre and multi-protocol transcievers t replace vast lengths of copper. The system is functional but not 100%. Random intermittent loss of signal is occuring, and I need to clarif termination values and idealy compare scope readings. I understand this i not straight forward! Ive got a good scope but dont know if what im seein is correct, or if Im probing the correct points for that matter!

Many thanks again

Reply to
suparoo