RS485 half duplex and full duplex questions

regards:

by the way could I ask a question,could I simply use the "RTS line" to control RS485 half duplex mode?

and I ask a question. and when I am using RS485 FULL duplex (RS422 mode),Do I need any control lines like "RTS","CTS"?

any positive suggestion is welcome. best regards to you all

mike

Reply to
mikeotp

You can if your RTS line is wired up to the direction control on your transceiver.

That depends on how your driver and receiver are wired to your serial port.

Learn to use Google and Wikipedia?

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Is it NOUVELLE
                                  at               CUISINE when 3 olives are
                               visi.com            struggling with a scallop
                                                   in a plate of SAUCE MORNAY?
Reply to
Grant Edwards

regards:

If my system is like the followings: the system architecture is:

then do I need any control signal to control the "TX" "RX"?

any positive suggestion is welcome. best regards to you all

mike

Reply to
mikeotp

No, you do not need to contrl the TX/RX signal.

However, you can only talk to one device. You will lose all multi-drop capability.

donald

Reply to
donald