Rhapsody vs. Artisan foe RT embedded systems

I have been tasked with evaluating Artisan and Rhapsody and am looking for any input from people who have used both. We currently use Rational Rose C++ professional edition along with SoDA and Test Real Time. Our requirements are currently captured in DOORS and we are using VSS for our SCM tool.

I have been working on an internal evaluation and am just looking for some anecdotal evidence to confirm or contradict what I think we have already discovered. I will not disclose what we have determined until after hearing some input so as not to sway responses.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Reply to
gooch

In a few weeks I hope to be evaluating Kennedy Carter's iUML and Accelerated Technologies' BridgePoint, both for RT embedded systems. I overviewed Rhapsody and Rose but didn't convince me for several reasons. We could exchange info, if you can wait so much.

Reply to
Ignacio G.T.

I just came back from a 4-day training course at I-Logix headquarters in Andover, MA.

I had attended a sales spiel and was very impressed with the capabilities of the tools. I am even more impressed after taking the training course. Looking forward to using the tools.

Make sure you buy the training course if you decide to go with Rhapsody, it is definitely worth the money.

I don't know much about Artisan so I can not comment on it. I did contact them but never got a reply. The other contender was IBM (Rational Rose) Object Time which was no match for Rhapsody 6.0.

Best of luck in your evaluation. If you require additional info, please e-mail me directly (see below for my e-mail address).

Best regards,

Mostafa

Mostafa Kassem
M Dot Kassem At ieee Dot org
Reply to
Mostafa Kassem

I am curious what it is abour Rhapsody that you did not like.

I have not been looking at iUML but now that you have mentioned it I will take a look.

Reply to
gooch