Rhapsody vs. Artisan foe RT embedded systems

I have been tasked with evaluating Artisan and Rhapsody and am looking
for any input from people who have used both. We currently use Rational
Rose C++ professional edition along with SoDA and Test Real Time. Our
requirements are currently captured in DOORS and we are using VSS for
our SCM tool.

I have been working on an internal evaluation and am just looking for
some anecdotal evidence to confirm or contradict what I think we have
already discovered. I will not disclose what we have determined until
after hearing some input so as not to sway responses.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Re: Rhapsody vs. Artisan foe RT embedded systems

In a few weeks I hope to be evaluating Kennedy Carter's iUML and
Accelerated Technologies' BridgePoint, both for RT embedded systems. I
overviewed Rhapsody and Rose but didn't convince me for several reasons.
We could exchange info, if you can wait so much.

Re: Rhapsody vs. Artisan foe RT embedded systems

I am curious what it is abour Rhapsody that you did not like.

I have not been looking at iUML but now that you have mentioned it I
will take a look.

Re: Rhapsody vs. Artisan foe RT embedded systems
I just came back from a 4-day training course at I-Logix headquarters in
Andover, MA.

I had attended a sales spiel and was very impressed with the capabilities of
the tools. I am even more impressed after taking the training course.
Looking forward to using the tools.

Make sure you buy the training course if you decide to go with Rhapsody, it
is definitely worth the money.

I don't know much about Artisan so I can not comment on it. I did contact
them but never got a reply. The other contender was IBM (Rational Rose)
Object Time which was no match for Rhapsody 6.0.

Best of luck in your evaluation. If you require additional info, please
e-mail me directly (see below for my e-mail address).

Best regards,

Mostafa

Mostafa Kassem