Release of SPARK C-to-VHDL Parallelizing High Level Synthesis tool

We are pleased to announce the release of the SPARK parallelizing high-level
synthesis software tool developed at the Center for Embedded Computer Systems.
SPARK takes the behavior of an application specified in C as input
(with some restrictions) and produces register-transfer level (RTL) VHDL.
SPARK employs several parallelizing compiler, compiler, and high-level
synthesis transformations to generate a scheduled, resource bound data
path along with a FSM controller.  We have benchmarked SPARK on a range
of multimedia and image processing designs and also a case study with
an Intel design.

The download page is at:
http://www.cecs.uci.edu/~spark/download.shtml

This page has SPARK binaries for Linux, Solaris and Windows platforms,
a User Manual, and a Tutorial with a MPEG-1 player as an example.

See publications on the SPARK webpage for more details on our work:
http://www.cecs.uci.edu/~spark/publications.shtml

Sincerely

Sumit Gupta, Rajesh Gupta, Nikil Dutt, Alexandru Nicolau

http://www.cecs.uci.edu/~spark
Center for Embedded Computer Systems
University of California, San Diego and Irvine

Sumit Gupta
Post-Doctoral Researcher
Center for Embedded Computer Systems
Univ. of California, San Diego & Irvine