Regarding retreiving data through UART ports

Dear madam/sir, my project is a communication domain project.my application is to process the data that is received through UART port from other PC. Madam i established communication between Uart port and com port of PC using assign debug command.I am able to send data through Uart port.

1.can u tell me how can i retrieve data through UART port which is send by other client system(PC).i want to acess data which is send by the client(PC).i worked using getchar() but i am not retreiving data.please give me the procedure for retreiving the data from UART which is send from other PC in the simulator mode for processor Lpc2148 using keil compiler

but when i am myself giving the input in the serial window iam retriving data

please reply this doubt thanking you madam/sir, v.suresh kumar

Reply to
sureshkumar.vijay

Did you try read()? I think getchar() is line-oriented (cooked).

Of course, you need to make sure your speed, parity, flow control are the same too. Man termios, and/or look at the source from minicom or similar open-source software.

Reply to
jcomeau_ictx