Recommended News Severs?

Can anyone recommend a good, public access news server? Earthlink
'improved' their servers such that I can't access them remotely via the
web anymore so I've cancelled my account. I've tried a few free ones,
but the performance has been very spotty, especially when I try to reply
to a post. There seems to be selective access to certain features based
on load?

TIA

Bob

Re: Recommended News Severs?
I've been relatively happy with www.teranews.com

Re: Recommended News Severs?
individual.com has been good. It's no cost so trying it's easy.

Hul

Re: Recommended News Severs?

Not any more. I moved to Teranews, and it was fine at first, but
it's done some totally bizarre backflips in the last week. I'm
wondering if I should have spent more tha $3.95...

Re: Recommended News Severs?

I got tired with some of the free section outages, so I took the
$30 annual deal...

Re: Recommended News Severs?
individual.com seems to be a service that filters the written
news stories for personal interests.

I think the OP is looking for newsgroup servers.

Re: Recommended News Severs?

the
features

I expect he meant individual.net, however, effective April 1st, they will
no longer be a free news service.  The cost is going to be 10 Euro per
year, which, for the service they provide, seems well worth it to me. I
have been using them for years now.  They do not carry any binary
newsgroups, and they filter out binary posts.

--
Richard

Re: Recommended News Severs?
Yes. USENET news. Many thanks to all who responded. I ended up with
news.aioe.org. So far so good :)

Bob

Re: Recommended News Severs?

news.aioe.org