Recommended News Severs?

Can anyone recommend a good, public access news server? Earthlink 'improved' their servers such that I can't access them remotely via the web anymore so I've cancelled my account. I've tried a few free ones, but the performance has been very spotty, especially when I try to reply to a post. There seems to be selective access to certain features based on load?

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

I've been relatively happy with

Rufus V. Smith

individual.com has been good. It's no cost so trying it's easy.

Hul

Bob Stephens wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

news.aioe.org

Chris

Reply to
Christoph Loew

Not any more. I moved to Teranews, and it was fine at first, but it's done some totally bizarre backflips in the last week. I'm wondering if I should have spent more tha $3.95...

Reply to
Clifford Heath

individual.com seems to be a service that filters the written news stories for personal interests.

I think the OP is looking for newsgroup servers.

Reply to
Rufus V. Smith

I got tired with some of the free section outages, so I took the $30 annual deal...

Reply to
Rufus V. Smith

"Rufus V. Smith" wrote in news:1111589856.143578cc7b26b951a31cf241e2b2babd@teranews:

the

features

I expect he meant individual.net, however, effective April 1st, they will no longer be a free news service. The cost is going to be 10 Euro per year, which, for the service they provide, seems well worth it to me. I have been using them for years now. They do not carry any binary newsgroups, and they filter out binary posts.

--
Richard
Reply to

Yes. USENET news. Many thanks to all who responded. I ended up with news.aioe.org. So far so good :)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens