recommendations on good books on RTOS needed

hi,

Could anyone give recommendations on RTOS books?

Specifically, books talk a little in-depth on general design and implementation of RTOS, such as scheduling, concurrency, interrupt handling, device drivers; also, comparison of different RTOSes such as VxWorks. Basically, good books for a senior embedded software developer interested in RTOS area.

Appreciated, Chen

Reply to
Chen Lin

MicroC/OS-II - The Real-Time Kernel, Second Edition, Jean Labrosse

Comes complete with the RTOS on CD. Ports to 100 different processors/compilers free on his web site.

Scott

Reply to
Not Really Me

I have never encountered 3rd party author write a book covering RTOSes. It looks like you'll have to read thru each vendor's manual.

Other than that, I think you can get by with reading general Operating Systems textbooks. Even after reading such books in school, I never really learned much about the theory of scheduling, concurrency, and interrupts that I can apply to a closed-source RTOS which I can't see the source code anyways. Maybe for Linux, it will help.

If you want to see a university course on RTOSes, go to

Type in "Embry-Riddle", "VxWorks". It will teach you the basics of programming VxWorks, LynxOS,Unix, etc., or go to:

Mike V.