Recommendations for tiny GSM module?

Hello! I've been wanting to design a phone for a while -- and I'm looking for recommendations for tiny quad-band GSM modules for embedded projects. These things have started turning up for machine-to- machine (telemetry) applications and the like over the past few years. In particular, the Telit series of modules (sparkfun.com) and the motorola G24 both look awesome.

Currently, some of the Telit ones (such as the GE864-PY) are smaller, but the motorola one accepts digital audio in (which is nice, because I can preprocess the voice audio). Can anyone else recommend embedded modules similar to these?

Thanks, ...Eric

Reply to
jonas

Hi,

Telit also suupports digital audio.

There are also modules from Siemens (see

Best Regards AK

Reply to
AK

(see

Oh my, how did I miss that? Can you point me to the module /data sheet section where they advertise the digital audio interface for the telit modules? Thanks!

Reply to
jonas

Wavecom make GSM modules. I don't know how they compare in size with the Telit and Motorola, but they can be programmed to run your own C/C+

  • application on the module using something Wavecom call OpenAT.

- Charles

Reply to
charleso

Reply to