Recommend MCU with Eth MAC and USB high speed

Hi,

I'm developing a communication application and I need a MCU that performs the communication interface part.

Mainly what I need is a MCU with a 100 MAC ethernet and a USB 2.0 high speed (full speed 12 Mbit/s is not enought).

I have seen ATMEL parts (AVR32 at AT91SAM) which I have experience but these parts doesn't have USB 2.0 high speed only full speed at a 12 Mbit/s max.

Other parameters:: some I/O to perform SPI, internal SRAM (16-64K) and FLASH (64-512K) these are quite flexible.

Can anybody suggest a MCU with these specs?

Thanks, Manuel

Reply to
manuel-lozano

snipped-for-privacy@mixmail.com schrieb:

Maybe you can get away with the FTDI FT2232H, which is a High Speed USB to Dual spi/i2c/jtag/parallel/... bridge, together with yout favorite controller.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dipl.-Ing. Frank-Christian Krügel
Reply to
Frank-Christian Krügel

Do you need a USB host port, or a device port? That makes a big difference.

AP7000 (AVR32) has two ethernet MACs, and a high speed USB device port.

NXP LPC2888 (ARM7) has an ethernet MAC and a high speed USB device port.

Reply to
Bob

snipped-for-privacy@mixmail.com pisze:

So maybe Blackfin from Analog Devices ? Serial 52x should meet this criteria.

Best Regards AK

Reply to
AK

Several of the Coldfire chips have 10/100 MACs and claim to support USB2.0. Not sure if they handle the fullspeed mode, though; you'd probably need to have a v4 core just to be able to deal with that much data that fast.

--
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order

The XMOS chips do Ethernet and high-speed USB in software:

Leon

Reply to
Leon

Does the development environment matter? What about cost? Without more details, it's hard to suggest anything. But I would lean toward an ARM7 or PowerPC derivative, unless you tell me it has to be a very very inexpensive product.

Reply to
JeffR