Recommend LUT generator

Can anyone please recommend the best lookup table generator usable in
Windows 98 for sinewaves of varying amplitudes?

Thank you,

Robert

Re: Recommend LUT generator

Excel's not bad.
Cheers,
Alf

Re: Recommend LUT generator

Ehhr, Excel?

Meindert

Re: Recommend LUT generator

Why on earth would you need more than one look-up table for sinewaves?

It's almost guaranteed to be easier to just multiply the amplitude
into a single, unit amplitude sine wave table look-up result, than to
waste lots of memory to have a full look-up table per amplitude.

As to what the "best" generator for such tables might be, that's
impossible to answer without knowing what what "good" means to you, in
this context.  I'ld use gnuplot and Unix'ish textutils to do this.

Re: Recommend LUT generator

You need to define "best". I use Goldwave.
Peter

---
Re: Recommend LUT generator

I use python for that sort of thing.  Works under Windows too.

--
Andrew

Re: Recommend LUT generator
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:37:23 +1100, the renowned Robert Martin

I use C.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: Recommend LUT generator

Use the same language that you use on the target (C, for me). Then, test the
LUT client code (are we interpolating correctly between lookup values? are
we handling all the exceptional cases correctly?) on your desktop machine.
Exhaustive testing is usually much easier (read: more likely to be done) on
the desktop than on your target. Desktop testing also identifies good test
values to put through the target code - do that too. E.g. I did a 3rd order
by 4 element LUT (35 "bytes" of table values total including the addwf PCL
instructions) implementation of antilog on a PIC last year. I would probably
still be working on it if I hadn't determined the table length-by-width
requirements on excel and prototyped the code on the desktop.

Bob

Re: Recommend LUT generator

MathCad. Keeps the maths human readable too.

Steve

Site Timeline