Recommend a development board please?

Dear all,

I'd like to learn embedded system development for wireless multimedia application. What development board is better? I am a student and need cheap and easy to use one.

Thanks,

Reply to
Lee

Can you talk about it in details?

Thanks

Reply to
Lee

Hi,

How can I learn embedded system design by using Laptop or PDA only?Can you give me some hints?

Thanks,

BTW, I plan to order the book writen by you. Is it helpful for a newbie?

Reply to
Lee

Hi,

My book _might_ be helpful but for your particular case I think your goals are too fuzzy for me to recommend it.

If you want to learn the hardware design of "wireless multimedia applications", then this is really outside a student budget. The algorithms can, however, easily be tested using a laptop or PDA running Linux. I can't give you a simple one-paragraph on-ramp because it's not possible. You need to quantify your goals and then decide what skills you'll need in order to meet those goals.

--
 -- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (http://www.zws.com/)
Learn how to develop high-end embedded systems on a tight budget!