Read 30MP webcam

30M

Hmm, 30 "megapixels" with the 10x digital zoom comes out to 3 real "megapixels". Each pixel is 3 sub pixels, so it's a 1 megapixel sensor, 1024x1024 or thereabouts. I doubt the "30M" pictures actually have 30M worth of information in them.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

On a sunny day (Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:53:15 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com wrote in :

It is limited by the lens, although they specify 'glass', for that money it cannot be that good? OTOH even my ancient Create webblaster II had a 4 piece or 5 piece lens, I took it apart once, has an IR filter too. You need that more complicated optics to reduce geometric distortion.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

re

Actually I was about to say that this is SOP: "960x240xRGB" is a very common designation for resolution.

Reply to
larwe