Re: SRAM samples

just buy I2c memory, AT24.... or

Hello. > > Does anybody knows, where can i ask for a few samples of SRAM of a > maximun of 4Kb? > > Ths SRAM must work with I2C or SPI protocols. > I found the DS1200 from MAXXIM, but it doesn't has sample programme. > > Thanks in advance. > Ignacio. >
Reply to
me

you understand when i ask about samples?

What happen if i buy some memory and it doesn't satisfied my design?

Lost the money and dump 25 chips??

me escribió:

Reply to
iseron

Or buy one of them for a few bucks. Probably easier then trying to get samples.

Reply to
Brett

Out of pure curiosity: why do you need RAM that small outside of your uC when you can have it inside with no interface hassles?

Reply to
Grzegorz Mazur

Maybe someone sampled him a uC with only little internal SRAM? :-)

To the original poster:

is a good place to get small quantities of chips, as well as
.

Reply to
jetmarc

haha No, i'm using a microchip pic 16f877 (i buy a lot of them). But... this device has only 337 bytes of sram and i need to use a buffer for the FAT temporary file. In digi key they only have a 256 bytes in serial sram, so i can buy it.

Any ideas?

jetmarc wrote:

Reply to
iseron

You can go for FRAM chips instead. They aren't SRAM technology but are just as fast, and thus a good replacement for your purpose (prototyping small quantities). Ramtron is a big player at making serial FRAM chips.

Reply to
jetmarc

Yes. Choose a microcontroler that really suits your needs. External, very slow serial RAM doesn't look too reasonable to me.

Maybe Texas MSP430F149? - 2K non-banked RAM inside.

Reply to
Grzegorz Mazur