Re: SRAM samples

just buy I2c memory, AT24.... or

Re: SRAM samples
you understand when i ask about samples?

What happen if i buy some memory  and it doesn't satisfied my  design?

Lost the money and dump 25 chips??

Re: SRAM samples
Or buy one of them for a few bucks. Probably easier then trying to get
samples.

Re: SRAM samples

Out of pure curiosity: why do you need RAM that small outside of your uC
when you can have it inside with no interface hassles?

Re: SRAM samples

Maybe someone sampled him a uC with only little internal SRAM?   :-)

To the original poster:   www.farnell.com is a good place to get small
quantities of chips, as well as www.rs.com .

Re: SRAM samples
haha
No,  i'm using a microchip pic 16f877 (i buy  a lot of them).
But... this device has only 337 bytes of sram and  i need to use a
buffer for  the FAT temporary file.
In digi key  they only have a 256 bytes in serial sram, so i can buy it.

Any ideas?

Re: SRAM samples

You can go for FRAM chips instead.  They aren't SRAM technology
but are just as fast, and thus a good replacement for your
purpose (prototyping small quantities).  Ramtron is a big player
at making serial FRAM chips.

Re: SRAM samples

Yes. Choose a microcontroler that really suits your needs. External, very
slow serial RAM doesn't look too reasonable to me.

Maybe Texas MSP430F149? - 2K non-banked RAM inside.

Site Timeline