Re: Source for small Qty 10 Base-T isolation Txfmr w/wo filter

Try

They manufacture a wide variety of magnetics, transformers, and jacks. Very popular in commercial products. They have some regional distributors, and they sell direct elsewhere.

At least for their 10/100 jacks w/ magnetics and LEDs, their policy is to sample up to 2 units and sell direct in tubes of 28.

Reply to
Richard

Thanks, I did come across the name before, but it had slipped my mind. Hopefully I can can get samples of the 10/100 jacks w/ magnetics and LEDs. These are the jacks that I wanted to use in the first place. But I found out getting samples from other manufacturers is like pulling teeth. One (Filtran) even wanted a UPS or FedEx #! I'll be adding him to the B list. Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Within the US, Bothhand will sample you 2 of the jacks for the cost of shipping - free with your account # or USD$5 with theirs for ground. Reasonable enough.

They want ~$3.50 each in tubes of 28. The more popular is NU1S041C-434, but the 'C' will vary on the winding ratios you need. The C winding is used with Realtek's RTL8019AS and ASIX AX88796L, for example. Everything's inside the jack - it wires straight to your ethernet controller.

There are small shops that'll sell you singles, but at $7-10 each. It doesn't take long for a $100 tube of 28 to look like a good deal.

and
are a couple such sources.

Reply to
Richard