Re: Source for small Qty 10 Base-T isolation Txfmr w/wo filter

Try http://www.bothhandusa.com

They manufacture a wide variety of magnetics, transformers, and jacks.
Very popular in commercial products.  They have some regional
distributors, and they sell direct elsewhere.

At least for their 10/100 jacks w/ magnetics and LEDs, their policy is
to sample up to 2 units and sell direct in tubes of 28.

Re: Source for small Qty 10 Base-T isolation Txfmr w/wo filter
Thanks,  I did come across the name before, but it had slipped my mind.
Hopefully I can can get samples of the 10/100 jacks w/ magnetics and LEDs. These
are the jacks that
I wanted to use in the first place. But I found out getting samples from other
manufacturers is like
pulling teeth. One (Filtran) even wanted a UPS or FedEx #! I'll be adding him to
the B list.
Cheers

Re: Source for small Qty 10 Base-T isolation Txfmr w/wo filter

Within the US, Bothhand will sample you 2 of the jacks for the cost of
shipping - free with your account # or USD$5 with theirs for ground.
Reasonable enough.

They want ~$3.50 each in tubes of 28.  The more popular is NU1S041C-434,
but the 'C' will vary on the winding ratios you need.  The C winding is
used with Realtek's RTL8019AS and ASIX AX88796L, for example.
Everything's inside the jack - it wires straight to your ethernet
controller.

There are small shops that'll sell you singles, but at $7-10 each.  It
doesn't take long for a $100 tube of 28 to look like a good deal.
http://www.edtp.com and http://www.siteplayer.com are a couple such
sources.

Site Timeline