Re: Simple LCD Module Connector Question

> I'm about to order some parts, including an Optrex DMC-20261NY-LY-AXE > 20x2 character display. This is my first experience with LCD modules, > and I want to order right the first time, so, a simple question: can > anyone tell me if these guys come with a 14-pin header installed, or > only the holes for a 14-pin header? Catalogs don't say, Optrex site > doesn't say, I wrote to Optrex but no response. Mechanical drawing > calls out .1" spacing, but I can't tell if this is for holes or > installed pins. > > Thanks!

Be advised: if your project is a one-off and/or you can tolerate surplus LCD, you might find something usable at

at considerable savings. I am happy with the three different models -

16x2; 20x2; 40x4 - that I bought from them.

BG Micro (?) also carries surplus LCD. I have no personal experience with BG Micro.

Reply to
Michael

Also

as a source of inexpensive surplus/odd-lot LCDs. (Checks bookmarks) also
for different colors (and slightly higher qty-1 prices). Also

Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb