Re: Samples and Freebies

In addition there are some manufacturers that sell very low cost development

> kits - not free I know, but by my reckoning they must be below or near the > actual production cost. For example, recently I've been working with this: >
Much > more fun that bare components for the lazy people amongst us (me for > example) - and only $49. I seem to remember my STK500 also was only ?40 > when I purchased it some years ago, and this came with several AVR micros > included.

I just got one of those board from Circuit Cellar for an upcoming contest. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the board and their software.

And (to the OP), circuit cellar

is a great magazine. There are lots of projects other people have done for you to read about, and they occasionally do contests. Usually when they announce a contest, they will have a limited number of development kits or chip samples to go along with it.

I'd highly recommend a subscription! (And no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but I did get a "Distinctive Excellence" award from one of their contests....)

ttyl,

--buddy

Regards, > Richard. > +
> +
> for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 > Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051 & PIC18 * * * *
Reply to
Buddy Smith