Re: pic16f627a port a wierd problems

Anbeyon, You have to be very careful using RA4. This one is an "open-drain" output which means you cannot set it high by just setting the port bit. You can fix it by connecting a pull-up resistor (10k is fine) to +5v on this pin. It's the only open-drain output and it catches a lot of folks! Then you will remember it forever.

-Craig

Hi I hoping someone might be able to help me. > > I am using a pic16f627a to perform bit banged i2c & update of a video > on screen display chip. all lines used to do this, 5 in total, are > on > port a. > > > OSD Chip select, OSD clk, OSD data are on port a bits 0, 1 & 2 > respectively > I2C SCL and SDA are on port a, bit 3 and 4 respectively. > > > I have a very wierd problem. If I set or clear bits on bits 0,1 or 2 > something happens and causes an i2c bus collision on the sda line. > sda, is cleared!! > > > as a consequence my master grinds to a halt > > > I have CMCON reg = 0x07 so all comparators etc.... are disabled. > > > Any one out there experienced anything wierd like this ? > > > any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. > > > Anbeyon >
Reply to
Craig Johnson