Re: New A/D converter desgin

Au contraire!

Top posting is the better way. You see the reply as soon as you open the posting without first having to page down. Much, much easier to browse through a day's download keeping one's finger on the "Next" button.

If you haven't been paying attention and _REALLY_ need to be reminded of the prior contributions to a thread, well, they're there at the bottom; but you're not forced to wade through them to get to the bit of interest.

T> > Andras Tantos wrote:

>>> First. > >>> bottom post. > >> I intermixed my answer with the original post. Isn't that acceptable? > > Of course it is. > I dont agree. Its a right bloody pain when people post a reply at the > top.
Reply to
Airy R Bean

Not in newsgroups, it isn't.

Between professionals, when we are keeping the old correspondance as a kind of "tail" that we can go back and refer to, if needed, it makes some sense.

But in a public forum? No. It's disrespectful in that context. So, not that it matters to you, I suppose, but I rarely bother reading them. And I will almost never respond to them. And when I do, like in this case, I simply remove all of the context and just reply. But this is indeed rare. Most of the time I just skip on by them.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Hi,

About the technique (design D) I have read in 1987 year authors Z. Kulka, A. Libura, M. Nadachowski english translated "Analog to digital and digital to analog converters" WKiL Warszawa 1987. It called "multiple folding". I have implemented it with lambda elements. The elements with discrete transistors was composed. It worked very well. autors cite A. Arbel, R. Kurtz "Fast ADC", IEEE Trans. on NS 1975 and another. Moreover comercial offer- uLog805 - Micro Log. Philips and Signetics - Van de Grift, van de Plaussche"A monolithie 8-bit video converter" IEEE Journ of Solid State Circuits no 3 1984

Regards JanuszR

Reply to
Janusz Raniszewski

You're wellcome. I'm 45 now, and still wondering, and feeling like a member of a dying species from time to time.

Andreas

--
Andreas Andersson: Have you not yet learned the lesson that if
something seems dead easy, it's probably because you haven't

Though I don't practice top posting, I don't see why it's so annoying to some people. I think not snipping unnecessary quotes much more irritating, mainly when the person who does it :-( writes only a few lines and leaves 2, 3, 4 or more quoting levels. >:-(

Regards.

Elder.

Reply to
ih8sp4m

Richard Kanarek wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The problem is that topposting encourages not snipping. I mean why bother? It's all down there at the bottom where noone will be reading it anyway.

Personally, topposting doesn't bother me that much, although I do prefer bottom posting.

Given that I now use a newsreader that defaults to bottom posting, it's even easy to do.

--
Richard
Reply to

Actually if you follow newsgroups and "threads" you will have read and read the top part of the post over and over. What's the point of that???

Top posting is more considerate and wiser if you REALLY want help on a subject.

Also It's a good idea to get a news reader that shows subjects by Thread. Like microsoft outlook. You don't have to use it for mail if you don't want to.

Regards;

C.W. Thomas

bottom;

interest.

[100~Plax]sb16i0A2172656B63616820636420726568746F6E61207473754A[dZ1!=b]salax
Reply to
C.W. THomas

The point which seems to be eluding you is not that anyone is interested in reading the post "over and over", but that posting correctly enables one to deal with specific points of the previous post in context, rather than making your entire post in a single statement.

If all you want is help, why would you be following up on a post? On the other hand, if a poster makes 23 statements, and you want one clarified, it helps to quote the one statement you're interested in so that the original poster and other readers can understand the context of your question.

A much more common approach by top-posters is to post a couple of lines followed by the entire preceeding post. What's the point of that?

This assumes that the post being replied to has even arrived at the reader site [there is no guarantee of this]. In any case there are a myriad of better options than that buggy virus-vector.

Reply to
Geoff McCaughan

I presume that somewhere there is another party to this thread, or are you just hearing voices in your head?

It is fascinating to read your side of "usenet etiquette", but without the other party being present it does make one wonder. Or is it perhaps that only you are cross-posting?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Holford

I presume that somewhere there is another party to this thread, or are you just hearing voices in your head?

It is fascinating to read your side of "usenet etiquette", but without the other party being present it does make one wonder. Or is it perhaps that only you are cross-posting?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Holford

Huh? Am I missing something important here?

Dumb guy that I am, I really can't figure out how you could try to help someone if you didn't know what their problem/question was. After all, isn't that what a follow-up is all about?

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:19:16 -0400, Dave Holford Gave us:

You're an idiot.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:20:15 -0400, Dave Holford Gave us:

You're an idiot... twice over.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Bottom posting is annoying for a few reasons.....

1) The post may lack sufficient context without reference to the original message. This makes it difficult to evaluate contributions to a complicated discussion.

2) The post may respond to several points of the original message and it may be unclear to the reader which point is being addressed. This interacts with (1).

3) Bottom posters as a group frequently do not bother to edit and simply repost the entire message to which they responded. This flagrant and unnecessary waste of bandwidth tends to frustrate engineers. 4) The fact that bottom posting is now being tolerated in email does not make it right everywhere. In the Usenet community it is considered rude to complain about what is purely a matter of style. It is a matter of courtesy to read the other person's comments before inserting one's reply just before them.

Few people care about bottom posting when the message is a 2 line to a 2 line message.

Reply to
Airy R Bean

No you wont. The knowledgeable poster will have snipped everything that is not germane to his or her answer. The result is most posts are very compact and don't clutter the transmissions.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

Just following your example.

Reply to
Dave Holford

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:02:52 +0100, "Airy R Bean" Gave us:

Said the outlook express using, totally clueless retard as it relates to usenet IDIOT!

Reply to
DarkMatter

Grow up, OM

Reply to
Airy R Bean

Yes...

Someone following up on a post would be offering help. The original question involved someone who *wanted* help.

Reply to
Geoff McCaughan

it

---------- How about trying some plain ordinary etiquette- have you heard of that?