Re: New A/D converter desgin

Au contraire!

Top posting is the better way. You see the reply as soon as you open
the posting without first having to page down. Much, much easier to
browse through a day's download keeping one's finger on the
"Next" button.

If you haven't been paying attention and _REALLY_ need to be reminded
of the prior contributions to a thread, well, they're there at the bottom;
but you're
not forced to wade through them to get to the bit of interest.

Top-posting is now the norm for email. A good habit to transfer across.

Re: New A/D converter desgin
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:10:13 +0100, "Airy R Bean"

Not in newsgroups, it isn't.

Between professionals, when we are keeping the old
correspondance as a kind of "tail" that we can go back and refer
to, if needed, it makes some sense.

But in a public forum?  No.  It's disrespectful in that context.
So, not that it matters to you, I suppose, but I rarely bother
reading them.  And I will almost never respond to them.  And
when I do, like in this case, I simply remove all of the context
and just reply.  But this is indeed rare.  Most of the time I
just skip on by them.

Jon

Re: New A/D converter desgin

About the technique (design D) I have read in 1987 year authors Z. Kulka, A.
Libura, M. Nadachowski english translated "Analog to digital and digital to
analog converters" WKiL Warszawa 1987. It called "multiple folding". I have
implemented it with lambda elements. The elements with discrete transistors was
composed. It worked very well.
autors cite A. Arbel, R. Kurtz "Fast ADC", IEEE Trans. on NS 1975 and another.
Moreover comercial offer- uLog805 - Micro Log.
Philips and Signetics - Van de Grift, van de Plaussche"A monolithie 8-bit video
converter" IEEE Journ of Solid State Circuits no 3 1984

Regards JanuszR

Re: OT, but I could not resist...

You're wellcome. I'm 45 now, and still wondering, and feeling like a
member of a dying species from time to time.

Andreas
--
Andreas Andersson: Have you not yet learned the lesson that if
something seems dead easy, it's probably because you haven't
Though I don't practice top posting, I don't see why it's so annoying
to some people. I think not snipping unnecessary quotes much more
irritating, mainly when the person who does it :-( writes only a few
lines and leaves 2, 3, 4 or more quoting levels. >:-(

Regards.

Elder.

Re: OT, but I could not resist...
Bottom posting is annoying for a few reasons.....

1) The post may lack sufficient context without reference to the
original message.  This makes it difficult to evaluate contributions
to a complicated discussion.

2) The post may respond to several points of the original message and
it may be unclear to the reader which point is being addressed.  This
interacts with (1).

 3) Bottom posters as a group frequently do not bother to edit and simply
repost the entire message to which they responded.  This flagrant and
unnecessary waste of bandwidth tends to frustrate engineers.

 4) The fact that bottom posting is now being tolerated in email does not
make it right everywhere.  In the Usenet community it is considered
rude to complain about what is purely a matter of style.  It is a matter
of courtesy to read the other person's comments before inserting one's
reply just before them.

 Few people care about bottom posting when the message is a 2 line to a 2
line message.

Re: OT, but I could not resist...
Gave us:

  Bone up, ya usenet retard.

Re: OT, but I could not resist...
Grow up, OM

Re: OT, but I could not resist...
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:37:48 +0200, "Meindert Sprang"

          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That should have been "top posters".  I meant to defend bottom
posting.  Sorry for the mix up.

George

Re: OT, but I could not resist...
I think the true picture is that you illustrated points that
are true of postfix, prefix and infix posters without
regard to their dedication; and therefore my parody
of your posting was not a falsety.

There are, for example,  postfix posters (bottom
posters) who repeat the whole of a message with a
single comment at the end. It is therefore disingenuous
to criticise prefix posters for this fault when it appears
to be a fault of the human race and not restricted to one
style of poster.

Prefix posters are not in general bothered, and are broad minded.

Postfix posters.........well!

simply
snipping

Re: OT, but I could not resist...

The problem is that topposting encourages not snipping.  I mean why
bother?  It's all down there at the bottom where noone will be reading it
anyway.

Personally, topposting doesn't bother me that much, although I do prefer
bottom posting.

Given that I now use a newsreader that defaults to bottom posting, it's
even easy to do.

--
Richard

Re: OT, but I could not resist...
Actually  if you follow newsgroups and "threads" you will have read and read
the top part of the post over and over.
What's the point of that???

Top posting is more considerate and wiser if you REALLY want help on a
subject.

Also It's a good idea to get a news reader that shows subjects by Thread.
Like  microsoft outlook. You don't have to use it for mail if you don't want
to.

Regards;

C.W. Thomas

bottom;
interest.
[100~Plax]sb16i0A2172656B63616820636420726568746F6E61207473754A[dZ1!=b]salax

Re: OT, but I could not resist...

The point which seems to be eluding you is not that anyone is interested in
reading the post "over and over", but that posting correctly enables one to
deal with specific points of the previous post in context, rather than
making your entire post in a single statement.

If all you want is help, why would you be following up on a post? On the
other hand, if a poster makes 23 statements, and you want one clarified, it
helps to quote the one statement you're interested in so that the original
poster and other readers can understand the context of your question.

A much more common approach by top-posters is to post a couple of lines
followed by the entire preceeding post. What's the point of that?

This assumes that the post being replied to has even arrived at the reader
site [there is no guarantee of this]. In any case there are a myriad of
better options than that buggy virus-vector.

Re: OT, but I could not resist...

Huh?  Am I missing something important here?

Dumb guy that I am, I really can't figure out how you could try to
help someone if you didn't know what their problem/question was.
After all, isn't that what a follow-up is all about?

                                                Harry C.

Re: OT, but I could not resist...

Yes...

Someone following up on a post would be offering help. The original question
involved someone who *wanted* help.

Re: OT, but I could not resist...

I presume that somewhere there is another party to this thread,
or are you just hearing voices in your head?

It is fascinating to read your side of "usenet etiquette", but without
the other party being present it does make one wonder. Or is it perhaps
that only you are cross-posting?

Dave

Re: OT, but I could not resist...
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:19:16 -0400, Dave Holford

  You're an idiot.

Re: OT, but I could not resist...

I presume that somewhere there is another party to this thread,
or are you just hearing voices in your head?

It is fascinating to read your side of "usenet etiquette", but without
the other party being present it does make one wonder. Or is it perhaps
that only you are cross-posting?

Dave

Re: OT, but I could not resist...
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:20:15 -0400, Dave Holford

  You're an idiot... twice over.

Re: OT, but I could not resist...

Just following your example.

Site Timeline