Re: MSP430 basics - pulling hair out!!!

We never program the MSP430's when the supply voltage is less than 3 volts,
preferably 3.3V. An LM317 regulator with an output set to 3.3V works well.

You say that you're using a homebrew JTAG programmer. Where did you get
the circuit diagram? Olimex has a circuit (and cheap kit) that works well.

Re: MSP430 basics - pulling hair out!!!

grief
problem
0x1100 -
problem
We
software.

I don't know anything about the TI board, but with my Softbaugh/FETP setup
the board is powered through the JTAG.  If I have external power attached at
the same time as the JTAG adaptor then I get unpredictable results.
Whenever I have the JTAG attached I remove external power, then everything
works consistently well.

Regards.
Richard.

http://www.FreeRTOS.org

Re: MSP430 basics - pulling hair out!!!

grief
problem
0x1100 -

0x1100 is not on a 512 byte page boundary.. you might
like to move this to 0x1200.. or you may have trouble with the info memory
area as well
also do the flash load at > 2.7 Volts..

problem
We
software.

Re: MSP430 basics - pulling hair out!!!

grief
problem
0x1100 -
problem
We
software.
Thanks for the replies guys - looks like we may have power problems, we'll
try hooking a 3V --> 3.3V variable supply up and see if things improve.
regards
rob

Site Timeline