Re: Looking for freeware 80c51 complier

Hi All,

> > Any pointers to shareware freeware C compliers for the 80c51 would be > appreciated.

de&meta=

-- Matthias Weißer snipped-for-privacy@matwei.de

Matthias Weißer

They have been around so long, you should be able to find a good one on Kazaa or equiv.

Reply to
me

Hi,

try sdcc.sourceforge.net

Cheers Lars Fastrup

Reply to
Lars Fastrup

In article , Lars Fastrup writes

This one is worth what you pay for it buy all accounts.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/ snipped-for-privacy@phaedsys.org

\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Reply to
Chris Hills

Hi Chris, We have been keeping an eye on it and it looks like it is improving all the time. Maybe it is Keil or Hitech, but it can certainly get code running. Or if it doesn't run because of a compiler bug it will at least be educational.... :)

Robert

Reply to
Robert Gush

What Chris fails to mention is that he's a shill for Keil. He uses the same argument (a tool is only worth what you paid for it) against competing (lower-cost) commercial tools as well. I've said before that I would be more impressed with technical arguments.

That said, I've never used SDCC, though I've heard of problems with earlier versions. I expect progress has been made over the years, and it might be a serious tool by now. Maybe serious enough that Keil is beginning to feel the pinch...?

I have used Keil in the past, and found their tools to be excellent.

Regards,

-=Dave

--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.
Reply to

Raisonance have an 4kb limited version which looks good

Vincent Crabtree

In article , Robert Gush writes

I agree. It depends if you are using it for serious work or not. As a hobby user it cane be fun to play with. However compiler design is quite complex and a narrow market. I would rather work on embedded projects than compiler design.

Regards Chris