Re: In Application Programming (IAP) Performance

Hi,

> > I am currently looking into the IAP features of the Atmel AT89C51CC03, > and having difficulty understanding (or finding information) on the > performance. > > As far as I can tell, the user application sets up the data to be > written to flash, along with the page and byte address, and then calls > the AIP API which resides in a seperate flash array (FM1). This API > actually performs the flash write and then returns to the user > application. The user code must disable interrupts prior to the API > call. > > I cannot find out how long the API function takes i.e. How long will my > application be stalled ? > > Can anybody point me to this information, or provide a simple > calculation of the form > > Total Time = (Number of Bytes * TimePerByte us) + FixedOverhead us > > Thanks, > > Steven

Hi,

I was hoping for a faster response ;-(

Can anyone suggest an alternative (or better) forum for 8051 based discussions ?

Thanks,

Steven

Reply to
moogyd

I guess the Flash Programming User Manual or the datasheet of the microcontroller will have this information. You can try in their site.

rgds venky

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Reply to
venky