Re: IDE for gcc/g++

Are there commercially supported, embedded IDE's built around the GNU

> compiler? I've seen some *nice* IDE systems for a variety of processors, > but they all include their own compiler. I want one of the nice > out-of-the-box, supported development environments that uses G++/GCC but > still gives me my pretty windows. Is their such a thing?

I use KDevelop, which runs in the KDE GUI, and uses the GNU tools. It came with my Liux distribution.

Vadim mentioned SlickEdit. It is cool, and I think it runs about 2 C-notes.

I don't know that either of these are particularly adapted, or adaptable to embedded development.

- Pat kohli at ameritel.net

Reply to
Pat Kohli

Does anyone have experience with MicroCross?

Reply to
Ian McBride

Yes, I don't use their IDE though, I have been using CodeWright as an IDE for gcc for a while and I wasn't ging to change just because I started using the tools from them. I have found their support for the compiler and associated tools to be excellent. I have seen a demo of their IDE (based on SlickEdit IIRC) and it looked good, just not good enough to make me want to switch.

Stan Katz

Reply to
Stan Katz