Re: How Traffic Monotorig System actually works or implemented

On 30 Aug 2006 05:53:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.in wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

Can anybody please tell me how a traffic monitoring system actually > works and how it is implemented. It's my topic for project proposal > which i have to submit on friday. If anybody knows plz help me out. > I'll be very very thankful to you all.

Usually there are either physical weight sensors at specific points in the roadway, if the purpose of the traffic control is the timing of traffic light signals.

In some cases there are optical signals. These are sometimes fed into a computer which generates the travel time estimates which are often broadcast on radio and television traffic reports.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Often the source and destination of the IP packets is recorded, along with their arrival and departure times. Then some statistics are calculated on these figures. It is often implemented using a programmable electronic system.

Cheers, Alf

Reply to
Alf Katz