Re: Graphical User Interface project on Spartan-3 FPGA

I am a student of Electronics and I am going to do semester work on

> the topic "Implementation of Graphical User Interfaces on an Embedded > Platform". We are allowed to choose a project of our own so this is > why I am currently looking for suitable project ideas. The work shall > be implemented on a Xilinx Spartan-3A/3AN Starter Kit Board, making > use of the Microblaze CPU. > As most important features the board brings a Spartan-3A FPGA, a 50 > MHz crystal oscillator, 32Mx16 DDR2 SDRAM, 32 Mbit parallel Flash, a > RS-232 serial port, PS/2-style mouse/keyboard port, a VGA video > output port and some push-buttons and switches. > > I am not looking for an already finished solution to but I want to > work it out for myself. And first of all I want to learn some more > things about Microblaze programming on FPGA. The project must fit in > the above mentioned topic so if someone did something similar or has > ideas how to combine the GUI topic with FPGA Hardware / Software > Co-Design then please send me details of this. > > Thanks in advance. Any ideas on this subject are really appreciated. > > Simon

How about implementing a game around the GUI system, like chess or something? I implemented Tom Kerrigan's TSCP Chess on a Spartan 3 pretty easily:

(it evetually had graphic pieces and nicer buttons)

Just an idea.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

In comp.arch.fpga David L. Jones wrote: ...

Uwe Bonnes