Re-entrant interrupt on the 80C51

I see the HIP and LIP bits in the STATUS sfr are read only. Feel it's a bit of a shame!

Is there any way around this?

Reply to
Fred

Which 8051 variant is this?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

It's the Dallas DS80C400 part.

I've managed to do it in more a fudge like manner where I wrote an embedded piece of assembler where I stacked a label (3 bytes for this part) and called an RETI. That then resets the LIP bit. Shame it's read only and you have to use this method.

Reply to
Fred